Sangiovese Tour, olive oil in Romagna east of Bologna.
Brisighella, Dozza, Faenza, Ravenna and Rimini.
Sangiovese Wine tour on the Romagna hills.
Romagna is also a producer of outstanding wines. Sangiovese is the most renowned of them. Sangiovese grapes are grown mainly in the Romagna rolling hills east of Bologna. It is a red fully bodied wined aged in oak casks. In Romagna this red wine is drunk together the local cuisine. It is perfect with tagliatelle al ragu', stuffed zucchini, squacquerone soft cheese and piadina flat bread.
Our tour include visit to the vineyard, wine tasting accompanied by the local food to match.
Olive Oil in Romagna, east of Bologna
Emilia Romagna, in this case the eastern region of Romagna just one hour from Bologna, is famous for its olive oil. The olive trees have been growing since roman times on these hills near the town of Brisighella.
The Brisighella olive oil has received the D.O.P mark and it is recognized by the European community. The oil is of a superior quality, green in colour with a golden tan. It has a spicy perfume with pleasant bitter tones.
Our tour consists of a visit to the hills where the olives are growing, a visit to the oil mills and a final tasting with lunch at a local producer. Olives are harvested mid October, during this period is possible to visit the processing plant.
Stunning Brisighella, voted one the most beautiful small hamlet in Italy.
Formaggio di Fossa tour. Pitted cheese.
A wonderful perfumed cheese which is pitted in ancient caves to give it its splendid flavor. Formaggio di Fossa is the specialty of a small Romagna town Sogliano al Rubicone.
Our tour will include visit to the pitting caves, tasting of different ages of cheese with local wine to match.
Romagna and its wonders.
Rimini, Ravenna, Faenza, Forli and Ferrara have thousands of treasures. With our tour we will combine history and wonderful gourmet foods and wine to complement your holidays.
Ravenna has a lot to offer to its visitors, mosaics, wines, archaeological sites, please read more about Ravenna on this page.
Faenza pottery - visit to workshop and pottery courses
Recommended Itinerary east of Bologna.
Leave by 8 am from your hotel in Bologna, we will visit 3 of these options.
- Visit at a pottery producer in Faenza with breakfast in its magnificent 1600 villa. Possibility to extend the visit to the stunning mature garden.
- Visit to Sangiovese producers in the Romagna Rolling hills. Tasting served with local cuisine lunch.
- Visit to Brisighella ancient town, center, castle (Sundays only), clock tower.
- Visit to Dozza and its castle overlooking beautiful rolling hills, with wine tasting at the end of the visit, possibility to extend the experience with tasting with sommelier.
- Visit to olive oil Coop for tastings (harverst and oilve oil production take place in mid October only).